Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Financial Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Financial Topics     Finance Resources      Financial Forum  
Financial Forum    Insurance
Finance Discussion Forum

Bajaj Allianz Shield Plus is offering 2% extra premium allocation if I buy it online?
Is it a good plan to go in for?...

What dental insurance can a person who is on Medicare purchase?
This is becoming such a large expense. Can you please advise?

Thank you
Additional Details
Please help by being a little more specific, like actually NAME a plan.

T...

I found an unclaimed fund from deceased grandfather online.It was from Metlife,life insurance.He purchased it?
in 1947 and then another in1951.When I called Metlife they told me it went to stocks/bonds/ dividends.Could anyone help me to understand what that means and how much it would be worth,does it collect ...

When can my mom be signed up for high risk health insurance?
When do the high risk health insurance pools start?...

what is the payment for flood insurance in Plumas Lake, CA?
I am looking into possibly buying a house in Plumas Lake, CA. Can Any one help me out on what the flood insurance payment is in that area com paired to Natomas?...

Applying for Life Insurance?
Underwriting is asking her when was she first diagnose with diabetes for her life insurance. Though these questions can be found by looking in her medical records, is having diabetes longer or ...

Benefit question can i get sick pay?
I was self employed but did not pay the correct NI contributions so I have been told I can not get ESA, I am registered disabled have now also broken my ankle so am unable to work, I had worked for ...

How much should my husband and i actually claim out of this car accident **long**?
Ok i was just recently in a bad car accident, we was hit from behind and was thrown off the road and rolled into a pond on our top. It was my husband and I in the car. He has a Fractured Vertebrae ...

Question about work if I have SSI?
Okay here's the thing, I have SSI, and the people over there say that a person with a disability can't work, which I already know. It depends on the disability. I have Asperger Syndrome ...

About how much is life insurance?
I'm doing a project where I have an income and have to figure out spending, etc. One of the requirements is to figure out the price of life insurance...I can't find any websites that can ...

is it easy to find job in NV with NY license of Prperty and casualty?

What do you recommend for a family of 4 who is looking for reasonable health insurance?
Reasonable pricing, but still a plan that will meet our needs. No pre-existing conditions here, no smokers, we don't drink alcohol and we are all in over all good health.

What ...

how does progressive auto insurance work?
i have never bought insurance for myself, i am on my moms insurance. i want to get my own insurance and when i did a qoute in the progressive site it said like 56.02 for a 6 month policy but then i ...

I still want to know who are these people....John Alejo and Cindy Jeminez.?
I want to know the truth. thanks....

How can I get Health insurance if I do not make enough to afford it (read details)?
I am 19 , live alone with no help from my parents,and make only minimum wage at a less then full time job(that offers no benefits). I financially pretty much have no way to afford health insurance.I ...

Will we lose MediCal benefits because tax credits I received put us over the property limit for about 1 week?
We (1 adult, 1 child) are on Medi-Cal (full, no share of cost). Even though I work, my income is low enough to qualify. This April, I received a rather large tax refund (Earned Income Credit and C...

Do I still need buildings insurance after I pay off my mortgage ?
I plan to pay off the remainder of the mortgage on my house this month. Will I still need the buildings insurance that the mortgage lender required during the term of the mortgage, or is this now ...

how much will it cost to get an business license in California?
for adult films and how much will it ...

I have a question about paying your health insurance late.?
today is the 7th of may (my payment was due the 1st) i have a doctors appointment on the 10th but i wont be able to pay my premium tell a week and a half after my doctors apt. I know ill be making my ...

how much would my usaa insurance be?
I was pulled over for 3 violations (no license, insurance, and running a red light) and next year it will be 3 years. The court said they gave me 1 point on my license (I paid off my ticket because I ...

leanimal
does the FDIC insure our $250,000 if the bank is closed by person or by account?
In other words, lets pretend I'm a millionaire, and i think the FDIC ensures $250,000 per account, I will make an account in about 10 banks.

or does the FDIC only ensure the money per person, no matter how many bank account you have?

I'm just curious :)

Ryan F
Rating
I'm pretty sure that it deals with per person, per account. Hypothetically you could put all of your money into a million different banks but it will only cover $250,000. If the bank crashes and you lose all of the money at that bank, the maximum amount of money you are entitled to is $250,000.

mbrcatz
It's per bank.

StephenWeinstein
Rating
If you deposit $100,000 in each of ten different banks, it is all insured. However, if you deposit it in ten different accounts at the same bank, most of it is not insured. They only insure a certain amount per person at each bank, no matter how many accounts you have at that bank, but they do insure more if it is at another bank.

Insurance Pickle.com
Per account registration per bank. But, if you were a millionaire you wouldn't have it in a bank.

Caveat Emptor
Per depositor per bank. The number of accounts is irrelevant.

hotlilblondie831
It is kind of a mixture of both. You can have a single account, $250,000 will be covered. You could have a joint account, $250,000 of that account would also be covered. Every joint account you have in addition, with different joint owners an additional $250,000 will be covered. As long as the account ownership is different per account up to $250,000 is covered for each account. This is per bank. So you can have several accounts with different joint owners at different banks and you will be able to cover all of your funds.

Kevin
It is per depositor...so if you have 3 accounts in a particular bank that is closed you only receive a max of $250,000

"The SMDIA is $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, through December 31, 2013. On January 1, 2014, the SMDIA is scheduled to return to $100,000 per depositor, per insured bank"

so if you have more than $250,000 make sure you spread it out to different banks

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - 1 - 2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
The Causes and the Results. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2010 FinancialCrisisNet Thursday, April 24, 2014